• 2 egg yolks
• 5 tablespoons white sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 3/4 cups self-rising flour
• 2 1/2 cups milk
• 2 egg whites
1. In a large bowl, beat together egg yolks and sugar. Beat in vanilla extract, butter and salt. Alternately mix in flour and milk until blended well.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until they have formed soft peaks. Fold egg whites into batter and let stand for 40 minutes.
3. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown and fluffy.